In Australia, Construction Sciences has pioneered non-destructive vacuum excavation and its application in subsurface utility engineering.
Non-destructive digging via vacuum excavation has several significant advantages including:
- Minimal surface disruption with reduced reinstatement costs;
- Elimination of the risk of damaging costly subsurface utilities including protective coatings;
- Rapid and cost-effective results;
- Reduced manual handling (compared to hand digging), therefore removing the risk of personal injury to field workers;
- Excavated soil can be contained in the vacuum tank and easily disposed of at approved disposal transfer stations; and
- Reduced environmental impacts. Vacuum excavation is a safer alternative to conventional mechanical excavation.