Quality is a priority that cannot be compromised.
In response to industry demands the Construction Sciences created the innovative COMPLY software. This robust system allows Construction Sciences to deliver industry standard testing, at the highest standard, and fast.
What is COMPLY?
COMPLY is our laboratory information management system which has been under development since September 2010. It is currently in use throughout Construction Sciences and covers a wide range of soil, aggregate and concrete test methods for various standards including Australian standards, TMR standards, RMS standards, VIC Roads standards, WA standards, British standards and ASTM.
The current user interface for COMPLY is a ‘Windows forms’ application which connects to a Microsoft SQL data base store.
We own & control COMPLY, so that we can respond to your needs quickly & efficiently.
The COMPLY software includes many client focused tools to track test results, laboratory performance, individual technician performance and the trending of material and test results. We can customise analysis reports to further assist a project team. COMPLY “Action Items” cover a variety of laboratory tasks which can be assigned to either an individual user or all users with a specific role (eg Lab Manager). Action item types fall into two different categories, system generated or user created.
COMPLY is used in conjunction with our other inhouse software system, “SMAC” (Staff Management Application for COMPLY). This system allows our quality managers to effectively manage relevant competencies for staff throughout the group.
- Certification to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management Systems, by SAI Global.
- Accreditation to AS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) in Australia.
- Accreditation to PNGS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, by the Papua New Guinea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (PNGLAS) in Papua New Guinea.
- Evaluated and accepted by government regulatory bodies in multiple Australian States & Territories, and PNG.
- Works seamlessly with other critical management systems like ISO 14001 – Environmental management, ISO 14002 – Safety Systems & ISO 17020 – Conformity Assessment.
- Intentionally designed in a ‘modular’ format. This means we can build a ‘module’ that perfectly suits your unique project situation.
- Computer based system which utilises common ‘off the shelf’ software to manage information in soft copy format wherever possible. You don’t need any special software to communicate with us. We will not bury you in paperwork.
- Highly flexible and adjustable to your projects’ size & complexity . We can tell you how your test results are progressing at any time & when testing will be completed. We can email results directly to your nominated recipients.
- Retains full details of all our testing capabilities & the qualifications of every staff member.
- Incorporates, and works hand in glove with our purpose built Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). At Construction Sciences, we named this LIMS system “Comply”. We own & control Comply, so that we can respond to your needs quickly & efficiently. The Comply software includes many client focused tools to track test results, laboratory performance, individual Technician performance and the trending of material’s results.
- We have four dedicated Quality and Training Managers.
Our head of Quality and Training is Ray Chappell. Ray trained with QLD TMR. He is a 30 year veteran of the industry and one of the first “Bowler Geotechnical Franchisees”. Ray was instrumental in writing our industry leading Quality manual and competency system when re-written in 2011 during the implementation of the COMPLY software.
In the picture Ray is seen with Pete Gode at the Townsville laboratory in 2005. Pete is now the NQ/NT Area Manager.